HQ Automower 220 AC short mow time?

Cigla

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hy all, I'm new here and looking for help - my 220 AC has a very short mowing time, and I don't understand why, when it is fully charged and starts mowing it takes a maximum of about 10 minutes and then it starts looking for a charger. The battery seems ok, ie at that moment it shows only a small consumption on the screen. Then charge for about ten minutes and then mows for a few minutes and so on. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what to do?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How old are the batteries? On many early electric models the battery life was not much more than three years. That’s why they weren’t as popular five years ago. Today’s models last about five years.

Cigla

Forum Newbie
Threads
I really don't know how old the battery is because i recently bought a used lawn mower, but it’s weird that it would fill up so quickly if it was really empty?

Cigla

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone had similar problems...?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My experience tells me the faster a battery will charge, the faster it will discharge. I suspect you have a battery or batteries with one or more bad cells.

Cigla

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ordered a new battery so i will let you know if it solves the problem.

Cigla

Forum Newbie
Threads
You were right, a new battery solved the problem, the mowing time gradually increased to about an hour of mowing time.
Thank You!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to hear it.