How tough are new battery operated landscaping tools?

Sean2202

Threads
  • / How tough are new battery operated landscaping tools?
Just browsing through Home depot yesterday and I noticed how different the battery operated tools have become. There are chain saws, blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers etc. So my question is how tough are these new battery operated tools?

1. Does anyone use them in a commercial setting as in their lawn care business? How are they holding up?
2. I understand there are different battery configurations available but in general if you have one how long does a battery last? 3. What is a good brand to buy?
4. How well do they hold up in moist environments, rain etc.?
5. How expensive or difficult are they to fix or obtain parts for if needed?
6. If you have one, how many hours of use do you use it for per year?
7. Compare to a similar gas model from the same brand, Are they built with the same quality parts?

Thanks

Sean

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I really only have 2-3 pertinent comments.

I have 6+ year-old 40v li-ion Greenworks batteries that still work like new.

if chosen with care, I feel the tools are all adequate replacements for homeowner use. Some brands do offer 'heavy duty' tools I believe.

the 2-3 times I've purchased parts, they have been very reasonably priced. But, I did my own repair and the parts came from on-line sources. Dunno how well equipped a local mower shop would be to repair/maintain electrics.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been using 58 volt equipment a year now. I have two of the PAS units. I run a string trimmer on one. I use an edger, pole saw, and one of the disc trimmers that has the three poly blades on it. I also have a 58 volt chainsaw, 58 volt hedge trimmer, and a 58 volt blower. I don’t see myself ever going back to gas equipment. I love my battery operated.