How to level help.

Mowerhead3313

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would really love it if someone had the manual for the Murray Model 42906x8a. But if not I cant seem to figure out how to level this model. I am attaching photos to see if you can tell me. I have replaced the blades and put on a new belt. But didn't notice exactly where the level positions were before taking it apart. I tried putting everything where the old wear marks were. Now the deck is not level so the left side is lower then the right. I have tried a few adjustments but none fixed it. I would just love to know how to start from the beginning correctly! In the first picture the level bar is disconnected. Thanks for your help! Mowerhead3313 20200626_103950.jpg20200626_103925.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The rod you disconnected is for leveling front to back. The bracket in your pictures with the four holes in it are for leveling side to side. May have to raise one side and lower the other to get close. This design is very poor, especially if the deck is sprung or you have a sli bent bracket.

Mowerhead3313

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's what I thought and started in that direction but your information helps greatly! Thank you!

keakar

Threads
looks to me like the one in the second picture was in hole #3 (based on the missing paint)

but the simple way is lower the deck until both sides hit the ground or use a 1x4 under it if needed, and then adjust the hangers to whatever hole they both line up with regardless of what number it is