How do you keep the bottom of deck clean on a 2020 timecutter with mulcher attachment?

a022mil

Threads
  • / How do you keep the bottom of deck clean on a 2020 timecutter with mulcher attachment?
Just got my 2020, cutting my grass here in northern Ohio at 3 1/2 inches, after cutting I let it cool for 20 minutes, then use my deck washout port for 3 minutes at lowest level on level blacktop driveway, with the blade cutting, guide a bit of grass comes out, but it still leaves in quite a bit, they say to use the washout port, after using I disconnect the hose and continue to keep the blade going for 5 minutes, getting discouragedastowhy it is not cleaning all the grass out. Today jacked up the mower, did not disconnect the spark plugs because I know that if you do that over a period of times it will give you problems, seams like I am wasting my time, would like advice on this.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / How do you keep the bottom of deck clean on a 2020 timecutter with mulcher attachment?
First the washout will not completely clean the underside of the deck. 85% at best, here are a couple of suggests which may help you out.
1. Water pressure on full.
2. Engine set at full throttle.
3. I run my unit for about 5 minutes.
4. I like doing it on grass not driveway, with deck set a my cutting height. Drive doesn’t turn green and better vacuum under deck.
5. I do it as quickly as I can after cutting, especially if the grass was slightly wet, which will cause it to stick tighter as it dries.
6. I run my unit 3-5 minutes after shutting off water to dry the underside at the highest cutting level.

Is it perfect, absolutely not, but it does an acceptable job for me.

cruzenmike

Threads
A deck used for mulching will always have a huge buildup of of clippings underneath, especially if the grass is anything but dry. Side discharge decks will often be cleaners as the clippings do not stay trapped in the deck, nor do they get pressed up under the deck repeatedly. If the washout port is not working, a good mower jack and a plastic scraper works well. Best to do just after cutting when the grass is soft. A little preventative maintenance you can call it, but it will ensure a better mowing experience and prolong the life of the deck.