Honda Sprocket Pin Help Needed Please.

rw1930

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I hope someone can help please. We have a Honda HRX476 Lawnmower and it recently stopped moving forward.

I found the issue was that the pin that holds the sprocket to the drive was missing.

Temporarily replacing it with another bolt worked but only for a little while until it broke off.

I ordered the part from Honda, who told me this particular sprocket pin is a 94305-50221 pin that has teeth.

When trying to fit it though, it does not want to fit, is there a particular knack to it? Should I be doing something different? Or is this the wrong part?

You will see 2 images of the sprocket below. It shows both sides of the sprocket where the pin should be, the pin Honda gave me just fits in the bigger hole but only for about 3mm. Then it stops against the smaller interior hole that is a similar size to the other side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Images of the sprocket and pin is attached.

Kind regards,

Ray

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 13.58.40.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 11.27.48.jpegScreenshot 2021-10-06 at 13.54.22.png

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Install pin in smaller hole first then using punch & ball peen hammer drive through until flush. You may have to use pliers or vise grips to start into smaller side hole.
I believe you may have to remove piece from sprocket, probably sheared off small piece still inside. I would spray some penetrating oil in both sides then try removing broken piece with hammer & punch. Install new pin with hammer & punch.
Try drilling it out with a drill bit smaller than opposite side hole. Use a bigger ball peen hammer, gloves, Safety glasses, clamp vise grips tight on punch & beat it out.

Last edited:

rw1930

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you, I will give it a go but it seems way too big to fit into the smaller hole

rw1930

Forum Newbie
Threads
It seems the problem was debris from the previous broken pin stuck in the hole, I am trying to get it out but struggling. Might be a new sprocket in the end