Honda push mower. Deep surging.

cpy911

Threads
I have a 6.5 Hp Honda push mower. It was not running. I did a cleaning of the carb. It runs, but has a deep surge. What should be the next step to resolve this?

Video

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Exactly what do you mean by "clean the carb".
There is also a filter in the fuel tank that gets blocked

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Look up Steve's Small Engine saloon on YouTube, he has a very good video titled "how to clean honda style carbs"

semimechanicman

Threads
I have a 6.5 Hp Honda push mower. It was not running. I did a cleaning of the carb. It runs, but has a deep surge. What should be the next step to resolve this?

Video
If you didn’t already, clean the main jet in the carb by taking it out and cleaning all the little holes until you see through all of them

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At the price of a new Honda carb, many times it is more cost effective to purchase a new OEM carb than to spend an hour or two trying to clean it. Got one a month ago for $13.50, would cost three times that to try to clean the old one.

Gord Baker

Threads
Remove float bowl and jets. Pass a wire through all the holes. There are very tiny ones hidden on the threads of Float bowl jet on some models. Slide out the float pin, and carefully remove Float and Needle valve. Be prepared to close fuel line or valve. Re assemble and try it. New Premium Fuel.

Rednec

Threads
There is a jet under the screw that it below the idle screw that usually causes the surging. Remove the idle screw and take the screw beneath it out. Get a piece of 14 or 16 gauge stranded electrical wire and pull one of the strands out of it. Gently work that wire through the jet. It should go at least an inch down through there. Not the easiest thing in the world to get it down through there but you have to get that jet free and clear to stop the surging.