Honda Power Equipment Lawn Mower Service Bulletin #107.

ligorpa

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda Power Equipment Lawn Mower Service Bulletin #107.
Where can I get a copy

LMAO57

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have the Honda model HRR2169VKA. I replaced the adjusters as suggested. (Marked with blue paint) The problem persisted. It got so bad that the wheels would not roll forward! I took off the rear wheels and trans assembly and thoroughly cleaned everything. Reassembled and the problem still didn't go away. By now I had to replace the rear wheels and pinons. I also readjusted the speed control. My Honda now has a new trans assembly, wheels, adjusters, pinons and the wheels still bind once I start mowing for 10-15 mins! Honda's recommended fix is not the fix! They should re-engineer the bushing with something more resistant to heat / friction.

I even took the time to install the wheels without the dust covers to visually check the pinon gear and wheel match up.

Does anyone have a suggestion why the wheels would bind when I roll it forward on the sidewalk?

gotomow

Threads
Did you replace the plastic bushings
On the drive shaft?

Last edited:

LMAO57

Forum Newbie
Threads
No not yet. Took them out and looked ok but can’t compare. I’ll go buy new ones hoping I get right ones. But like I stated before. I purchased new adjusters that supposedly had the correct bushings.
Thanx.

LMAO57

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. I’ve seen the videos (too many). So, I pulled everything off this AM. The bushings definitely do not fit properly. There is too much up and down play allowing the axel to bind when mowing. Took the bushings off and sure enough they slide on the axel without any effort. What a rip off. Got stuck with two new adjusters with the same bad bushings. American Honda probably just painted the old inventory and are selling them as the recall repair?? They are plastic alright!!

How can plastic stand up to friction and heat generated by the axel rotating inside the adjuster? Found a website that sells bushings made of metal. $3 for each versus $1.25 for the plastic replacement.

Has anyone tried a metal bushing instead of the plastic one?

gotomow

Threads

LMAO57

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. I’ve seen the videos (too many). So, I pulled everything off this AM. The bushings definitely do not fit properly. There is too much up and down play allowing the axel to bind when mowing. Took the bushings off and sure enough they slide on the axel without any effort. What a rip off. Got stuck with two new adjusters with the same bad bushings. American Honda probably just painted the old inventory and are selling them as the recall repair?? They are plastic alright!!

How can plastic stand up to friction and heat generated by the axel rotating inside the adjuster? Found a website that sells bushings made of metal. $3 for each versus $1.25 for the plastic replacement.

Has anyone tried a metal bushing instead of the plastic one

That’s too intense for me! I’m going to order the metal bushings (Extra sets too) and then cut the plastic bushing to fit as a dust cover on the opposite end. I tried that today and it made a pretty good seal versus the existing dust cover. That thing is a joke! Rolls off after each mowing.

LMAO57

Forum Newbie
Threads

Has anyone tried a metal bushing instead of the plastic one

That’s too intense for me! I’m going to order the metal bushings (Extra sets too) and then cut the plastic bushing to fit as a dust cover on the opposite end. I tried that today and it made a pretty good seal versus the existing dust cover. That thing is a joke! Rolls off after each mowing.

I broke down this morning and bought both new right and left side adjusters. The biggest difference I found with these were the dust sealS were much more sturdy. The bushing still looks like plastic. They are NOT recessed as the bulletin says they are supposed to be. Both painted with the same blue dot like the previous set I bought before. I didn’t try and remove the bushings.
Now that both are installed the wheels appear much more upright and not leaning inward or outward. The new bushings seem to align the wheels much better.

I mowed my backyard without any problems. Then it got too hot (HTX 95* with 60% humidity!).

I also ordered the metal bushings and will place them on the old adjusters. My back up set.

Thanx for your help and the attachments you sent me.