Honda mower help

Hemsy85

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, would anybody be able to help me work out the correct model for my honda mower, picked it up very cheap with a view to get it running.

What worries me is the mounting for electric start but nothing there, I'm not sure if it's a must or even if it had one.

Frame serial MZAP-8009762
Model says HR2160
Engine GXV140
Engine serial GJAB 8295987

Here's a couple of photos as well.

Thank you

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh man, talking time machine flash back. I remember those. We had to use a bungy cord tied to the throttle to get them to cut Bermuda grass with heavy spring rains. Talking full stinking revs with the blade engaged. Those were good machines. Not one I would take to an over grown yard though.

Back to regular programming. Looks like you found it. Your MOWER model is HR2160. ENGINE model is the tiny GXV140. Easy right?

slomo

Hemsy85

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh man, talking time machine flash back. I remember those. We had to use a bungy cord tied to the throttle to get them to cut Bermuda grass with heavy spring rains. Talking full stinking revs with the blade engaged. Those were good machines. Not one I would take to an over grown yard though.

Back to regular programming. Looks like you found it. Your MOWER model is HR2160. ENGINE model is the tiny GXV140. Easy right?

slomo
Thank you,

Do you know if it's an electric starting version? I can sm on the front and I'm guessing that along with the brackets means it was once upon a time, but with out it will it still start ok? There doesn't appear to be a starter motor but again that could have been removed

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
See that black rubber handle on top of the engine? Pull it and it "might" start.

No electric start far as I can see. Doesn't have a key cylinder unless my poor eyes missed it. The ones I remember didn't have electric start.

Put up some pictures of what you are calling the electric start items that are gone. Take pictures of the ENGINE, all the way around it.

slomo

Born2Mow

Threads
Easy cure. Name your teenager "Electric". Then, have your teen pull that T-shaped handle on top.

Then you'll have "electric start".

Hemsy85

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lol, well I've managed to get fuel and serviced it, but now have technical issues so I'll create a new post as I'm confused about this one, thanks all