Honda HRX217K6VKA Problems

JackS2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
The lawnmower is self propelled, with a drive control on it. A week ago while I was mowing, the mower was having trouble propelling itself, so I pressed a bit harder on the drive control and I believe something snapped.
The drive control moves freely now without effecting the mower, and the back wheels feel like they're enganged without propelling themselves (the wheels move forwards but they don't move backwards). It still mows but it's heavy to push.

I think it has something to do with the drive cable or some belt things, but I'm not an engineer and I don't know how any of this works. I can take pictures or get a video if I need to. Any help on what to look for/replace?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Click on the above website for illustrated parts breakdown for your mower. You do not have to be an engineer, just mechanically inclined. Suggestion: Home Advisor website under Outdoor Power Equipment Repair should help you with local repair shops.

bumpy lawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
JackS2000- check parts #18 and #15 under the handlebar assembly. I had something similar happen to me last spring and replacing those parts fixed my HRX.