Honda hrn 216vka run out of adjustment on smart drive

danlaclair

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda hrn 216vka run out of adjustment on smart drive
I have several Honda hrn216vka mowers that I keep having to change belt on do to you running out of adjustment on the smart drive system. Mowers are out of warranty. I'm relatively new 2 dealing with Honda mowers. Wonder if anybody has any insight on why this would be happening so frequently. Is there a problem with the Belt being too long.? Have been diligent in finding the correct build according to the diagram for this mower. Could it be too long?

olgeezershonda

Threads
Could be too long if it's not the correct belt. You didn't say where you are getting your belts from but a trip to a Honda Power Equipment dealership with model and serial number in hand should be able to get you the correct belt.

Rich M.

Threads
Did you have this same issue with the original belt? Was the replacement belt OEM? The only negative information I am hearing is that some are reporting the belt has overheated and needed to be replaced. Not sure what is causing this to occur. I know three people using the new HRN with no issues.

You did double check to make sure the belt is on the pulleys correctly? Just asking.