honda hr215 hxa

rml6093

Threads
my mower is having several issues the first is when I try to engage the blade the engine cuts out. however if I slowly engage the blade it sort of bogs down and they engage along with the engine staying running.

second problem is a surging issue when I take it off of the choke and to the rabbit position.. a third issue in relation is that it doesn't seem to change idle speed when i turn it from rabbit to the turtle position and vise versa

any help would be appreciated thanks!

BHRS

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the engine is cold when I engage the blade it does the same as you are describing. I try to let it warm up for a couple of minutes and sometimes engage the blade and press for the choke at the same time - it helps for me.

I'm attaching an adjustment sheet for these engines. Look at the top one for the governor. Follow the instructions to set the adjustment. I will almost bet someone tried to pull more rpm's by "adjust" the governor and it's searching for the right rpm. The other possibility after adjustment is a problem with the governor itself. If the governor is sticking or worn out it will require removing the engine then pan to access the governor to replace it.

Attachments

• GXV140 Engine Adjustment Information.pdf
    127.9 KB · Views: 36

rml6093

Threads
If the engine is cold when I engage the blade it does the same as you are describing. I try to let it warm up for a couple of minutes and sometimes engage the blade and press for the choke at the same time - it helps for me.

I'm attaching an adjustment sheet for these engines. Look at the top one for the governor. Follow the instructions to set the adjustment. I will almost bet someone tried to pull more rpm's by "adjust" the governor and it's searching for the right rpm. The other possibility after adjustment is a problem with the governor itself. If the governor is sticking or worn out it will require removing the engine then pan to access the governor to replace it.

That actually could have been my doings because I wanted to clean the pilot jet so I had to take the throttle stop screw out to get to it. I checked out the attachment and seems fairly simple but how would I know the right rpm though?

BHRS

Forum Newbie
Threads
It doesn't look like it's made for a single cylinder four stroke engine based on the choices.

This is identical to the one I use. I've had mine for 20 years and it works on 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines.

rml6093

Threads
It doesn't look like it's made for a single cylinder four stroke engine based on the choices.

This is identical to the one I use. I've had mine for 20 years and it works on 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines.
Thanks for the recommendation but that’s a bit too pricey for me

HarmonySeeker

Threads
Check the condition of the bearing in the blade clutch. It may be failing.

Last edited: