Honda H2113 Replacement Carb - Unobtanium?

gorgerider

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's a fun one:

I have a Harmony H2113 13hp lawn tractor that was a little burned when I got it (backfire is most likely). Air intake horn all melted along with whatever plastic parts that weer part of the top of the carburetor. Carb bits are missing or are unidentifiable blobs of black nasty crap. It's also stuffed full of dirt as it sat outside for a number of years. A replacement carb seems like the best option.

Or so I thought. Apparently, Honda has discontinued the carb and every internet parts house, plus eBay and Amazon, don't have a direct replacement available. The Honda PN is 16100-ZF5-V02. The Keihin number stamped on the carb body is Be86D B.The big Powersports parts counters said that carb was used on all four H2113 models (GDA, GMA, HDA, and HMA).

My question: What is a suitable replacement part number for this carb? With all the 13hp vertical-shaft motors produced it's hard for me to believe an alternative doesn't exist. Am I being foolish in thinking so?

Thanks for any help you folks can send.

GR.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I looked at ebay all over the world and did not see one. My only suggestion at this point is either set up a search on ebay and wait until one comes up, or take the carb off (take lots of photos of the linkage first), and take it to a local shop that works on Honda engines and mowers to see if they have something similar. My local mower shop didn't have the exact carb I needed once under my part number but they had several under another part number that were identical.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
doing a further Internet search, one showed on a spreadsheet of Honda Parts in stock as of 3-31-22 at a large warehouse specializing in mower parts. You'd have to contact them to see if they still have it. Now the bad news. The name of the business is Motogarden, and they are in Spain. The worse news is the part was $170 EU. That is like $177 plus freight and customs. And are you sure that is all that is wrong with the engine?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are searching the wrong way
They were fitted with a GXV 390
So search GXV 390
There are plenty of carbs that will fit
Most will require a longer fuel pipe as the inlet stub will be pointing in a different direction
Most of the Loncin ( Toro & MTD ) 13 Hp carbs will fit as will almost any mower carb that has a choke & throttle control on the top
A carb is a carb is a carb is a carb and most will not give a wrinkled wrats rectum what engine they are bolted on to.
All that is really important is the stud spacing and orientation to the body so it points strait down when bolted on
You can usually fit a GX carb to a GXV as there is plenty of space under the hood but the other way round is a bit more difficult
Same story with the air filter & air box , usually there is enough space for the GX unit to go there
After that it is just wires

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Check out the 16100-ZF5-025 carburetor. As it might work.