Honda GCV160 Model not found

tkos115

Threads
I have a Honda GCV160 engine off a push mower that has a bent crank. To make a long story short someone hit a big rock while mowing, (not me) and the crank is bent pretty bad. When I try to lookup the parts for this engine using the engine numbers I can't seem to find anything for it. Maybe im doing something wrong but could anyone point me in the right direction?

Engine numbers on the tag are displayed like this...

GCV160LA0 MY1 R280
GJARA 9291824

I don't see any other numbers anywhere and nothing is stamped on the engine block. I tried the 0's as either a zero or the letter O with not luck either. This mower is only about 1 year old as well.
Honda info.jpg

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Honda normally stamps the numbers into the block just below the blower housing on the right side of the engine. Look for a flat spot, and may even have a slight cutout on that side of the blower housing to read the numbers. Can be hard to read sometimes because they tend to use a dot format. will need all the numbers off of the block. You already have most of the numbers off of the tag but there should be another set of letters after the serial numbe stamped into the block.

If this engine is on a Honda push mower then we will need the numbers off of the deck because honda engine parts are referenced off of the mower and may not show up in the Honda engine parts lookup system.

Here is a reference about half way down the page on the far right side should match your engine for location.

tkos115

Threads
This one didn't have any other markings on the engine, (or at least not that I could find). I was able to get the engine info from using the model number info on the mower body itself though.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just did this on a GXV160. Mine was basically under the gas tank, right side as you are mowing, rear of engine. The engine code was on a paper sticker that fell off the lower area of the fuel tank. Nice design Honda. Without that code, how can you get the proper parts? NIce.....

slomo