Honda GC 190 bogging down

KSlank76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys and gals. Have a pressure washer with a Honda GC 190 engine. The engine purrs like a kitten when not under load. Will run like a champ forever and ever. I squeeze the trigger and I can pressure wash for roughly 5 seconds then the engine seems to bogg down and die instantly. The engine will fire back up on the first pull and go to idling perfect at an instant. I just pulled the carb a part and cleaned it all out. Didn't really find anything in carb or fuel filter in the tank. I'm not a small engine guy but it appears this thing has some sort of fuel pump on it. It's black and roundish with three hoses attached. Fuel in, fuel out, and I assume some air/pressure from the engine to make it go. Other than some engine issue, that is where I'm leaning. What are your thoughts?

Thank you

Kevin

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The governor is out of adjustment
As you put more load on the engine it slows down & the governor backs off which allows the throttle to open wider so the engine can pick up speed.
IF the throttle butterfly is wide open when the engine bogs down & stops then the pressure regulating system in the washer is not dumping excess pressure overloading the engine .
And yes the round thing is a fuel pump it is powered by crankcase pressure flutuations as the piston goes in & out .
The middle one will be connected to the rocker cover.
The one nearest to it will be connected to the carb and the one furthest away is the intake.

KSlank76

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I'm reading this correctly you are saying you think the governor is out of adjustment. And if not that, it could be the pressure regulating system on the pump side? Correct? Other than looking at the throttle butterfly, any easy way to troubleshoot which it is?

Thanks for the quick response.

Kevin

KSlank76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found a little bit of info and I did pull my hose off my washer and it ran the whole time with the pressure washer hose disconnected. It sprayed a nice stream of water out and ran like a champ. Any help on how this pressure regulating system works would be a tremendous help.

Thanks

Kevin