Honda FG100 GX31 Tiller engine cover removal

rgrubb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need to remove engine cover to install a new coil. Exhaust outlet prevents this. How to proceed please.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think you got to remove the muffler spark arrester cover.

rgrubb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. You are right. I finally got the machine in the right light to see that fixing screw. Then you have to take the handles off to clear the cover for removal. Great pain just to replace the coil !!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You oughta try working on ATVs they can be a real pain just to get carburetor off. Got to remove a lot parts just to do it. And some passenger vehicles are just as bad to work now days.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks. You are right. I finally got the machine in the right light to see that fixing screw. Then you have to take the handles off to clear the cover for removal. Great pain just to replace the coil !!
You ought to be a professional car/truck heater core swapper then. You think your little cover is rough LOL. You actually have to put your cell phone down and pull a dash out.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You ought to be a professional car/truck heater core swapper then. You think your little cover is rough LOL. You actually have to put your cell phone down and pull a dash out.
Boy I miss those days where a heater core was easy to change. Since I don't have a cell phone I don't have to worry about it.

They are finally putting up a cell tower here but it is the most expensive carrier in the area. Way outside my means.