Honda clone engine parts

tkos115

Threads
I have a Chicago Electric generator that needs a new cylinder head, and maybe a new piston and ring set. I know this is built off the honda engine design but I'm not sure exactly what model to look it up as. All the ID tags and numbers are long gone and there is nothing cast into the engine block on the side anywhere. All it says is 7HP 208cc, does anyone know how I could look up this engine for parts?

Thanks for your time and help all!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is probably a GX200 clone variant. The GX200 is 196cc. To try and get around copyright challenges some cloners change the bore and stroke slightly.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Scrubcadet if all the identification info is missing then it will be a guessing game for the OP to the figure which he has.IF the wattage is available it will help some.

Anyways it is probably closer to the LCT 208cc generator engine version. Tapered Crankshaft. And is most like a Summer engine design.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Google keeps pointing back the Chicago electric 3500 watt generator as being item number 65414, points to this head, you may contact them and see if they know what head will fit the 208cc engines.

tkos115

Threads
Thanks for your help everyone, I was able to find a piston/ring set. I'm gonna try to save the head, it's not as bad as I thought it was. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on removing the stator housing/assy from the generator. I got the end cap assembly off but I can't seem to get the housing to come lose so I can work on removing the armature.

gen1 (1).jpg