Homelite blower UT09526

bogdaN

Threads
Working on 2-cycle blower that would Not start.Have good spark,fuel it is in cylinder-spark plug wet but compression 70 psi.I decide to take it apart and here what i got.
Question i have how you remove that stock ring or if any one is selling piston & rig for homelite.

Attachments

• 20200811_125837 (Small).jpg
    20200811_125837 (Small).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 14

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You are going need to short block it PN 308892033; unless, you can gently work the ring loose without breaking it.

bogdaN

Threads
Short block to much money,I going to tray to loose the ring.What would be better heat or good penetrating oil?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If $37 is too much to renew your blower then other might be able suggest something that loosen the carbon without damaging the piston or ring.

Here in my shop it would either get short blocked or thrown in the recycle bin and a new one purchased. but I also don't the condition of the cylinder either. Lots of blow-by indicated.

bogdaN

Threads
I do not have shop,doing this for a friend so you know how that goes.You absolutely right that cylinder is so-so.Did few of them in past and they run but Not perfect.Thanks StarTech for good info.Dan

bogdaN

Threads
Working to loosen up that ring,got it half way.Just using Zep-45 penetrating spray.

bogdaN

Threads
Finley got ring loose,cleaned lot of carbon and put everything together.Start right up and runs v. good.

bogdaN

Threads
If $37 is too much to renew your blower then other might be able suggest something that loosen the carbon without damaging the piston or ring.

Here in my shop it would either get short blocked or thrown in the recycle bin and a new one purchased. but I also don't the condition of the cylinder either. Lots of blow-by indicated.
Finley got ring loose,cleaned lot of carbon and put everything together.Starts right up and runs good.I did ask friend what kind of oil he,s using ooo whatever i can find.