Holy #### it's hot

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My sister used to live in Phoenix with her first exhusband who worked for the cable TV company as a pole climber. He said working in the sun on a pole was like being the marshmallow on the end of a stick in a campfire. A car in Phoenix is just a mobile Kenner Easy Bake oven. But it's a dry heat. Yeah.

My mom used to work at a little shopping center in east Texas. And the women who worked at her store and others, used to bake a sort of stuff in their cars. I remember the bus would let me off at her store (because our house was like 2 blocks away. And walking out back, into the parking lot, I used to look to see who and what was baking. lol

Glad you brought that up. Id forgotten all about that.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Texas, one of the few, if not, only place you can get 110° in the summer and 16° and ice in the winter..
The coldest I can remember here in Conroe is °16F and didn't get above 28 all day.
My parent's remember in '89 it got down to 9°F .....

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Texas, one of the few, if not, only place you can get 110° in the summer and 16° and ice in the winter..
The coldest I can remember here in Conroe is °16F and didn't get above 28 all day.
My parent's remember in '89 it got down to 9°F .....

I'm a little ways north of Conroe, seems I remember it getting either 0f or close to it many years ago, up here close to Tyler.

I remember even more in 1980, I was working with my dad in his tree service business. I was like 10yrs old. It was close to and over 110 for like 2 weeks straight.

The problem with Dallas (and east texas where I live now) we get a lot of moisture from the gulf. So heat plus humidity, just makes the breeze blow hot.

HarmonySeeker

Threads
I'm a little ways north of Conroe, seems I remember it getting either 0f or close to it many years ago, up here close to Tyler.

I remember even more in 1980, I was working with my dad in his tree service business. I was like 10yrs old. It was close to and over 110 for like 2 weeks straight.

The problem with Dallas (and east texas where I live now) we get a lot of moisture from the gulf. So heat plus humidity, just makes the breeze blow hot.
I was working in Bay City, Texas, that summer helping to build the South Texas Nuclear Power Plant. Working in a big steel box that cooled the steam from the turbines as a boilermaker. My gold hat, Bob Winters, was a good ol' Texan with a pant leg in his boot and a fine southern drawl. Even walked like he just got off a horse.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I cranked my pick up the other day, it was about 5pm. As soon as I turned on the AC, I could've sworn I heard it say, "Oh hale naw."