Hi there , can anyone help

Paul810

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone I own a John Deere l120 lawn tractor I think year is 2004 my main issue is someone as made a mess of the wiring and my main issue is mower will not turn off , I have fitted a new ignition switch but am worried that when I attach the cut off wire to the ignition switch everything is fine as it as no circuit when on but shows a earth when off but my stator wire is permanently live so as soon as I put that on with ignition off it does not like it the stator as a continuous12 volts which I think cannot be correct and also the fuel cut off switch is being powered by ignition ok but cannot hear it click , any ideas would-be most welcome or a easy wiring diagram, I am no electrical guru but would love to be able to rewire this thing with some easy to follow wiring diagram as I cannot find any info I have swapped out the original 7 pin ignition for a 5 pin as I have no need for lights any advice would be great

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is correct
Grounding the magneto turns it of
Open circuit turns it on .
Get the manual Mark linked to and read it
Unlike most others it actually explains HOW the various pats work before showing you how to test them then replace them .

Paul810

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is fantastic guys , thanks for your help I will download and print it out once I get home , all your help is much appreciated

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The tech manual is around 200 pages so make sure you have plenty of toner & paper