Hi from Australia. Thanks for letting me join. Ill probably have some questions for you all. Thanks

gforcejunkie

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hi from Australia. Thanks for letting me join. Ill probably have some questions for you all. Thanks
I have a worldlawn viper 50. Been a good mower for me. It has just blown the relay. I can just replace it with a bosch car relay but when I crank the engine Im getting no spark. As in when the engine is cranking over the 12v supply to the ignition is cut. Would anyone know the correct relay. Ive bought two already but the engine wont even crank with them. Any info appreciated. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Hi from Australia. Thanks for letting me join. Ill probably have some questions for you all. Thanks
AFAIK there is no service information for any World Lawn product and ordering parts of the IPL is a waste of time as the importers are a mess
The last time I went to the one & only dealer in NSW ( who is an import partner ) with a part number, I had to go back 75km to get the broken cable so they could match it to what they had in stock then wait a week for it to come up from the Melbourne warehouse so that made it 3 x 150 km round trips
The time before I got told the bearings they user are junk and I should pop the seals on all of them & fill the bearing with good quality grease.
So that was it I no longer repair any World Lawn equipment
Because there is no service information, the only wiring diagram is in the owners handbook.
Some have them & some don't
The wiring can change from one year to the next so one year there can be 5 relays and the next year there will only be one and the year after that 3
If you do find a wiring diagram then it will have been drawn by the owners 3 year old daughter & translated into Chinglish by his 6 year old son so it take a bit of working out.
Most times they switch ground because that takes less wire and reduces he number of fuses so it cuts costs
If yours is a one relay job with a 4 pole starter solenoid then it switches the ground from the magneto kill wire ( white or yellow ) in the off position to the starting solenoid ( green or black ) ground
For the purpose of testing only you can get a short jumper with 2 spade terminals on it and then remove the relay
On the plug connect the wire ( marked 30 on the relay ) that is ground ( check with a meter but should be coloured green or black ) to the wire that goes to the starter solenoid , ( 87 or 87a) can be green , black or brown depending upon which colour wire was cheapest on the day they made the looms .
now hit the starter , if all of the other switches are working ( and that is a BIG if ) then the engine should crank & run.
If it does start, note you can not turn it off other than by the fuel solenoid actually working & cutting the fuel supply so the mower is in an unsafe mode to mow with so this is for testing purposes only.
If the engine does not crank then check the Yellow , Orange , Purple wire going to the starting solenoid
It should go + 12V ( well battery voltage ) when your turn the key to start .
If not then one of the switches in the lap bars or the PTO switch is bad
Follow the wires back, bypassing them one at a time till it does crank
If not then the switches are all fine & the wiring itself is shot ( common place )

Both Rover & Parklander rebadge World Lawn mowers for the local market so that might be a potential source for the relay if the relay is actually the problem.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum! :)
I'm going to move this thread over to our mower and equipment operation section.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a worldlawn viper 50. Been a good mower for me. It has just blown the relay. I can just replace it with a bosch car relay but when I crank the engine Im getting no spark. As in when the engine is cranking over the 12v supply to the ignition is cut. Would anyone know the correct relay. Ive bought two already but the engine wont even crank with them. Any info appreciated. Thanks
Not sure what you have but the mowers made here in the US the only engine that I know of that feed 12V to the ignition modules are the Kohlers with Smart Spark. If you feed 12V to the other ign. modules it will blow the modules. On all the other engines the wire that goes to the ign module is a ground to kill the spark.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome Aboard !!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is a rebadged re-engineered Encore residential ZTR .
When Encore went bust a bunch of the office johnnies jumped onto a jet & high tailed it China to find a factory looking for an entry into the USA ZTR market
Eventually they signed a deal with Jiangsu World Plant-Protecting Machinery, to prefabricate the old Encore range and ship them to the old Encore factory in Beatrice for assembly so they could be badged "made in the USA "
The deal either went sour or the quality was so bad they failed to gain traction so the old Office Johnnies have relaunched as Encore again hoping to wipe the stigma of rubbish off the brand.
They are still made by World Lawn from assemblies made in China but hopefully the USA versions have some sort of quality control that is totally lacking from the ones that come here direct from China

Down here we get them directly from the Chinese factories and the quality of workmanship stinks
BS of the first order
I noticed it the first time I got under one
First class welding on the top where it is visible in the showrooms and blind man rubbish with splatter , Undercutting & poor penetration every where else .
The spindle housings fell apart
The blades were plain high carbon steel so quite brittle & the bearings rubbish .
And to give an idea , they were priced at around 1/3 the retail price of an equivalent specification Toro.
The first one I serviced had a Stens oil filter and an unbranded air filter on the supposedly genuine Kawakasi engine and there were no decals or casting names on the supposedly genuine EZT hydros.

The original World Lawn range all got snake (oil) names , Venom, Viper & Cobra and were painted in the exact same red that TORO uses and marketed with the specifications for the Toros side by side with their specs, pretending they were equivalent machines .

Not servicing them has cost me 5 customers but I can do without the parts problems and owners getting upperty when the servicing costs came in higher than the equivalent scheduled services for the supposedly equivalent Toro or for the push mowers, the Hondas they mimicked