HH70 spraying then pumping oil through the breather

yzf450motoxrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an ariens Rocket tiller with the tecumseh hh70 on it with the dual output shafts. I was running it a few weeks ago when out of nowhere it started blowing blue smoke and eventually blew a ton of white smoke and engine died lighting the muffler on fire in the proccess. I discovered the engine was pumping massive amounts of oil through the breather tube into the carb. So i replaced the breather assembly and checked the hole in the crankcase where the oil should drain down and it was clear. I started it up and unfortunately the new breather didn't fix it. It will run for about a min as oil builds up behind the breather. Then it begins to spray and finnaly when the oil level rises even higher it comes out of the breather as a solid stream.

Could positive crank pressure cause this? Is there anything else to check before i assume this engine is done for and start tearing into it? Would a blown head-gasket cause something like this? I'm also having trouble finding rebuild kits for it. It seems the oil cant make it down the drain hole so it fills up then comes out of the breather instead.

Last edited:

brian1

Forum Newbie
Threads
how does the plug look ? is it dumping gas into the oil it is a very old engine and when those load up its what can happen. I would see if there is gas in the oil if not then I will guarantee it needs a rebuild badly and if so the H70's are the same and much easier to find parts for.