Here we go again

Threads
Starting tonight and going through a lot of the day tomorrow we are supposed to get a decent sized snowstorm. Somewhere around 5-7 inches. Who knows if they are going to be right. It is raining now, but supposed to change over to snow sometime around 11pm or midnight. I better wake up in the morning and see snow!! (Then again the snow has been on the ground for the past month or more so I guarantee I will see some snow when I wake up). If we do get 5-7" I have TONS of jobs lined up....will be posting lots of pictures here later tomorrow when I finish.

gfp55

Threads
I would rather have snow then rain right now. My fields have standing water and the cold will help. Plus snow = $ for me.

Threads
I would rather have snow then rain right now. My fields have standing water and the cold will help. Plus snow = $ for me.

Yeah snow is money for me, too, but the way I really make money is from mowing lawns, and if the snow never melts the grass will never grow! :laughing: There are a few icy inches of snow on the ground from previous storms, and now with this storm there will be half a foot more. I know I started mowing for the season March 25 two years ago, and the first or second week of April last year.....looks like it might be mid-April this year.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Still 6+ hours of snow, and there is a good 2 inches on the ground now.

View attachment 25198

Only 2 inches on the ground, sound a lot better then the 2 feet + of snow we have on the ground here in upper NY. I am getting to the point that I can't pile it any higher along my driveway making my driveway smaller as the snow keeps coming.

Threads
Only 2 inches on the ground, sound a lot better then the 2 feet + of snow we have on the ground here in upper NY. I am getting to the point that I can't pile it any higher along my driveway making my driveway smaller as the snow keeps coming.

We are up to around 5" now, coming down at close to an inch an hour. Most of my customers don't want their driveways cleared till it stops, so it's a waiting game.

Threads
Well the snow is finally done. We got 10 inches of snow!! That is the most this winter! It was the kind of snow that does not want to come off your shovel. (Or snowblower). Here are some pictures (sorry they aren't the best quality...I used my phone), with a decription for each one.

As I said, the snow wanted to stick to everything. At this point the augers were just spinning, and all the snowblower was doing was PUSHING the snow in front of it.

march snow 11.jpg

Here are some pictures of finished driveways. I love when the snowblower makes a perfectly straight wall of snow along the sides!

march snow 6.jpg

march snow 9.jpg

march snow 8.jpg

Pics of the snowblower in the middle of clearing the 10" of snow.

march snow 1.jpg

march snow 2.jpg

The sidewalk is now open!

march snow 10.jpg

Trailer at night.

march snow 7.jpg

Back in the garage for the night.

march snow 5.jpg

DK35vince

Threads
We had -8 F again this morning.
Pictures of what my driveway currently looks like.

Attachments

• HPIM1412.JPG
    HPIM1412.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 8
  • HPIM1413.JPG
    HPIM1413.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM1414.JPG
    HPIM1414.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 6