Help

Wyokid

Threads
I need some help. I have a Kohler 24hp 7000 series on a Craftsman zero turn. This spring I took it for the maiden voyage mowing and ran it out of gas. I refueled it and it was missing on one cylinder. After some research I did a coil upgrade that didn't help. I took it to the local small engine repair shop where it has been for 3 MONTHS. They called to report that they changed the carb and the muffler and it is still missing and running hot. They recommended a new motor for $1,800. It has 70 hours and has been flawless and gently used. What are they missing?

Mower King

Threads
I need some help. I have a Kohler 24hp 7000 series on a Craftsman zero turn. This spring I took it for the maiden voyage mowing and ran it out of gas. I refueled it and it was missing on one cylinder. After some research I did a coil upgrade that didn't help. I took it to the local small engine repair shop where it has been for 3 MONTHS. They called to report that they changed the carb and the muffler and it is still missing and running hot. They recommended a new motor for $1,800. It has 70 hours and has been flawless and gently used. What are they missing?
Negative on all that....take it to a shop that didn't just hang their open sign, last week!

Yardman999

Threads
When it ran out of gas, did it quit gently, or were there backfires or bucking?