help with pto switch

HRVCK29

Threads
i have a simplicity landlord model 1692024 rider that needs the pto switch replaced, i replace the switch and cant figure out where the 4 wires go on a 8 terminal switch, who ever had it before me took off the connector switch and hooked the wires seperatly, so i have no idea what terminal on the switch they go. i can find a diagram for it either, thx a million

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check & see if there are any Simplicity Landlords for sale on websites in your area & take pen & paper with you. Maybe you have a Simplicity dealer in your area, take your new switch with you so you can mark where wires go after talking with technician.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is because the idiot moron DPO has modified the wireing.
Bet he went to face book to work out how to bugger it up
There should be a minimum of 6 wires on the PTO switch
What are the colours of your mystery wires wires
Can you crank the engine without the PTO switch there ?

Richie F

Threads
Star Tech I found that diagram also but had trouble posting it.
He says his PTO switch has 8 lugs on it and the diagram only shows 4.
If his wires match the colors on the diagram it would be a start.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is a simple triple pole double throw switch. Basically it is a toggle switch with two on positions. Not all poles or throws needed. It is quite common to see only 4 wires used on these switch especially on JD mowers. The contact positions off and on indicated below with blank (white) pin being inactive in each position. Dont let my coloring of each pole throw you as any color wire can be present depending the OEM. The missing nineth pin is not shown. Depending the OEM not all pins are used.

b1sc88-1.png

HRVCK29

Threads
That is because the idiot moron DPO has modified the wireing.
Bet he went to face book to work out how to bugger it up
There should be a minimum of 6 wires on the PTO switch
What are the colours of your mystery wires wires
Can you crank the engine without the PTO switch there ?
1 red/yellow,black/white,2 gray/white,black/white, 3 orange/black,4 yellow/black/brown white theres 4 wire connectors and 8 on the new switch. and it runs without the pto swtich disconnected

HRVCK29

Threads
It is a simple triple pole double throw switch. Basically it is a toggle switch with two on positions. Not all poles or throws needed. It is quite common to see only 4 wires used on these switch especially on JD mowers. The contact positions off and on indicated below with blank (white) pin being inactive in each position. Dont let my coloring of each pole throw you as any color wire can be present depending the OEM. The missing nineth pin is not shown. Depending the OEM not all pins are used.

View attachment 54052
do you happen to know what of the colored wires go where?
it only has 4 connectors to connect to the 8 termials