Help with my briggs intex 206

meestahmarc

Threads
Hi. Picked up an awesome billy goat power rake for $50 for my home use. It was solid but not running. I cleaned it up and am putting it back together, but ran into a few question marks...

1. The black isolator between the carb and the engine, which side face the engine? One side has a circular flange and holes, other side is flat.

2. I have a carb rebuild kit that came with several gaskets. I can figure out which one goes between the metal air filter bracket and the carb. There are two screw holes that match up with the gasket, but seems like there are other holes which the gasket doesn't account for, would cover the holes.

3. How do I change the oil without removing the engine? Do I just tilt the machine over and try to make a little mess as possible? Which side would be better? I assume I could do either side as long as I'm on level ground.

4. Gas tank has some cracking on the outside, but it seems like the tank holds pressure andndoesnt leak.

Sadly I wanted to post pics, but all my file sizes are too large. Annoying.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can't help with the Billy Goat as I have no idea what engine is in there.

As for the photos,
Computers read phone files in a different way to phones
Most phones use RAW format for the file and that makes the computer see it about 10 times bigger than it is
he trick is to download the photos to your computer or lap top ( not tablet ) and save a copy as as JPG
Usually they will download fine like that.
If you want to go one better resize the copy image to 10" on the longest side and set the resolution to 72 or 14 dpi.
These will display around 10" on most computer screens regardless of the screen settings.

meestahmarc

Threads
It's a briggs intek 206.

I have this kit. No idea what the cork colored gasket is for and not sure which gasket goes between the air filter bracket and the carb

I saw a video that shows the which way the isolator goes, the flange goes into the carb. I also read the manual and decided to use 10w 30 oil, as per the manual. Filled it up.

meestahmarc

Threads
Who even has a computer anymore... that's annoying.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If you need a spare gas tank for it i've got 2 extra that are in good shape that came off 2 206 engines.

meestahmarc

Threads
Thanks. I'll let you know. I drilled a whole in the gasket and put it all back together. I had the wrong gasket i guess. Engine running great. Sadly the belt is not engaging the blades.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Who even has a computer anymore... that's annoying.
There are photo processing app for tablets as well as for computers.
So you can do the same thing with your I-pad .
While you are using a tablet, the forum is runnin on a mainframe computer, quite a big & powerful one , so you are still using a computer.
The problem is the same though.
You take a photo on the tablet & the tablet sees the file as being 1 Mb but when the server sees it the file appears to be 20 Mb which is beyond the size limit.
Remember your tablet has just your photos on it and for many people there is not enough space so they either rent some on :the cloud" or buy massive storage devices.
The forum has thousands of members all posting photos so the storage space becaome massive.
Then there is the processing time to retreive that photo , format the page and send it down the wire, over the air however to your tablet / phone .
Now all of these steps have a maximum allowable time before the system says "this ain't working " and tosses up an error message or if it is beyond the capacity of the processing device, frezes.