HELP !!!!! This snapper ZT is driving to the looney bin.

Mutt

Threads
  • / HELP !!!!! This snapper ZT is driving to the looney bin.
Would love to hear from anyone with a Snapper 52" Zero Turn like this one. I have been fighting it for hours and hours. The drive belt keeps jumping off. This mower has 3 belts. One that drives the deck from the clutch, one that drives the deck itself and one that drives the hydro pumps. The deck and pump belts work fine. I bought a new drive belt. Jumps right off as soon as ya start cutting, bought a new 1" shorter than stock belt. Jumps right off. Checked the tensioner spring. Its fine, clutch is fine. motor to front deck drive pulley bearings are good, no slop in the pulley. Who's got some ideas, because I know I'm not the only one that has had this experience. Ya'll give me some ideas please. It's insane I looked for hours on end just for the stinkin' drive belt lay out. Only found them for single belt models

DSCF7956.JPG
the 2 red arrows point to the drive belt pulley and it's idler pulley. The belt goes from the clutch on the crank shaft straight across to these 2 pulleys. I even straightened up the guide for that belt (it looked bent out a bit, which seemed to help, but not a lot. it still jumps off
DSCF7957.JPG

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Model number and serial number will help some of our members help you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
oh well my crystal ball shattered and ‎my Ouija Board had JB Weld spilled on it. Now just a bunch of shattered crystal and gooey mess so neither is working.

Mutt

Threads
Model number and serial number will help some of our members help you.
I would like to know the year and make myself. Ive searched and searched with no luckDSCF7870.JPG

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Power Portal partially down but is some info. Tag is a little misleading as the part no is the model number.
1626812260469.png
One thing I don't see is the belt retainer.
1626812632076.png
Which is PN 7035656YP.

And this is the Deck belts config.
1626813378484.png

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now we are getting somewhere. Your mower originally came with two belts. Who knows why there are three on there?

Mutt

Threads
Power Portal partially down but is some info. Tag is a little misleading as the part no is the model number.
View attachment 57565
One thing I don't see is the belt retainer.
View attachment 57566
yeah, it's on there. Is it supposed to pivot, cause when I went to straighten it, I noticed it turns. It was bent down like 20º or more from vertical.

Mutt

Threads
yeah, it's on there. Is it supposed to pivot, cause when I went to straighten it, I noticed it turns. It was bent down like 20º or more.

Now we are getting somewhere. Your mower originally came with two belts. Who knows why there are three on there?
There are actually 4. one goes from the crank to each hydraulic pump for steering, one from the crank to the deck and one on the deck itself

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Y
There are actually 4. one goes from the crank to each hydraulic pump for steering, one from the crank to the deck and one on the deck itself
Two hydro belts and two deck belts.