Help please: Diagnose my problem (30-second video)

Midwest Mania

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro 6.75 with a 190cc B&S made in 2009, 22in Recycler® Lawn Mower.
I was wondering if anyone here could watch this vid and tell me what my problem is.
SITUATION: Mower will start but runs anemically and seems to run out of horsepower when it is lowered to the ground. I could keep it on for a pretty long time if I raise up the front wheels but even then it is weak.

RECENT HISTORY:
I put on a dethatching blade and was doing it the proper way (air filter up) but was having trouble getting the bolt loose and in frustration tilted the mower past 90-degrees.
Oil leaked out and went everywhere but I was able to get the old blade off a and put the dethatch blade on.
The mower didn't sound great after this topsy turvey but I was able to cut a 30 yard by 35 yard patch pretty effectively.
But then it started making this dying sound.
I cleaned up the oil on the mower better.
I changed the air filter which had taken on a lot of oil.
Then I went through a frustrating series of putting oil in the oil hole figuring it was too low and then taking it out again figuring I had overfilled (those dipsticks are really hard to read sometimes!).
Then I took out the spark plug and cleaned the contact which wasnt very dirty and there wss no oil in the spark plug socket.
I have taken it out every day since Friday and get the same result as you see in this video. The mower is neither working out its little problem, nor is it getting worse. But it's really unusable.

So what's my problem? Any ideas??
Heres a copy of my manual. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6I0kmi0JNv6TXhMVmtOd2xyQVU/view?usp=sharing

If u can help or even point me in the right direction I'll find a way to make it up to you somehow.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you checked to see if you have oil in gas?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Low RPM, check to be sure your governer spring is still attached properly. Look behind the air box, it should be attached to a loop on the governor rod that is connected to the carb throttle, and hooked to a metal tab at the front of the engine. Proper oil level is 20 ounces, and i'd also second what Mark said.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would say that you have a layer of water in the bottom of your carb. Also you have a serious problem around your blade and crankshaft. Tilt it back again with the mower not running and take a pic. Put the pic up here.

I assume that you hit something making you buy a new blade?

Midwest Mania

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would say that you have a layer of water in the bottom of your carb. Also you have a serious problem around your blade and crankshaft. Tilt it back again with the mower not running and take a pic. Put the pic up here.

I assume that you hit something making you buy a new blade?
Old blade was fine .. I just put on a dethatching blade (info attached) so I could dethatch.. Here are blade/crankshaft pics:

and heres the old regular blade just FYI, plus the dethatching "power rake" box.
Should I still get into the carburetor?

I'm also wondering if this guy is on the right track?

Attachments

• Arnold power rake blade.pdf
    755.7 KB · Views: 2

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just drain the water out of the carb first.
Can you take off the blade and take a pic of everything? Like both blades and what they mount on?
That dethatching thing is wild, Keep the old blade on it until you have the engine running right.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Or have someone film the blade turning while someone is pulling the rope with the plug removed, that blade adapter looks non-symetrical in the video, but it is hard to tell. But still drain the water out of the carb, just remove the nut/jet on the bottom of the carb, and look at what dribbles out, the water will bead up on the deck.

gsim

Threads
Water in carb or float level is off. Pull float bowl from bottom of carb and if fuel is pure, note level of fuel. It may be too low or too high.

Midwest Mania

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Help please: Diagnose my problem (30-second video)
Sorry to have to ask, but where is the carburetor? Here is the parts list accd to my manual:

A. Engine ID B. Spark Plug C. Primer (optional) D. Fuel Tank and Cap E. Air Cleaner F. Starter Cord Handle G. Dipstick H. Oil Drain Plug I. Muffler Muffler Guard (optional) Spark Arrester (optional) J. Choke (optional) K. Throttle Control (optional) L. Stop Switch (optional) M. Shut-off Valve (optional) N. Fuel Filter (optional) O. Finger guard

Thanks.