Help finding a Governor Gear

EZKuts

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello guys my name is Elliott. I'm having a really hard time finding a governor gear for my engine. The part number is 793338, I have actually tried to order it from 5 different sites and 3 different shops with no luck. I would greatly appreciate any help you can lend to get one of my mowers back up.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The reason you are having issues finding it is because the only Briggs distributor in the US is showing it out of stock until at least after Christmas.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

Tinkerer200

Threads
The governor gear is not something I have had to replace frequently, generally when the engine thru a rod. I probably have a dozen good ones lying around and by cross referencing model numbers, you will likely find a bunch of good used ones and possibly a dealer with a new one in stock. The main difference between the ones used in various engines is the length of the mounting bracket, sometimes the number of paddles for the slinger system.
Walt Conner

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Last year I had a run of bad governor gears. Most where damage by the 793880 camshaft ACR failing but had several where the plastic gear simply worn out ( probably a cheap grade of plastic).

Tinkerer200

Threads
Ooops disregard my post on governor gear. Lack of an engine model number lead me astray. If it were mine, I would find a gear OK.
Walt Conner