Help deciding on weedeater

bigge31566

Threads
Im looking to upgrade my Redmax weedeater of 10 years to a newer model of weedeater and the ones close to me is the STIHL FS 94 R , the Echo 2620, and the Shindaiwa T262, trying to figure which is the best or if theyre all to close to call, I also see a Husqvarna 525L at Lowes

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd avoid the Stihl because of the carb on the newer machines. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Stihl owns Zama and they're used on their lawn equipment. Cheap garbage in my book. Still like Echo for this type equipment, but that model is pretty expensive for a weed whacker.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Echo with a five warranty wins hands down.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been running a 525 LS commercially for a few years and I really like it. Good power, weight balance and vibration control. It's been very reliable except that I did lose the gearbox last year, but that could be my fault - I never bother to add grease to them..

Mower King

Threads
I'm a Shindaiwa fan....mostly because we are a Shindaiwa dealer and I know how good they are. Echo & Shindaiwa are the same parent company.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a Shindaiwa fan....mostly because we are a Shindaiwa dealer and I know how good they are. Echo & Shindaiwa are the same parent company.
I have to say that I agree about that. Echo replaced both the straps and tube assembly on my 8010 blower without issue and the Shindaiwa blowers and multi-tool power heads I bought in 2002 have been very long-lived and trouble free.