Hello

Back-at-it

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found this site while researching for a new mower. I have a 15 year old Craftsman 42” rider. It is long for replacement. I tend to over research. So I like to hear what other real people think of their equipment.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome, you will get varying opinions, such as I prefer Toro Zero turn, but I have one so biased..

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

You've come to a good place for some research :smile:

Simoli

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is my $0.02 worth.

I have about 3/4ths acres. It's too big for a push mower. Many years ago I bought a 42" John Deer ride mower. It works great and has lasted a very long time. This year I bought property with about four acres to mow, so I bought a Ferris 52" cut ZTR. I bought the ZTR for the property but use it in my current land. I love this thing. My cut time has gone in half. Other than the initial cost, this thing has been a delight.

Back-at-it

Forum Newbie
Threads
Simoli, I also have been looking and found a Ferris 400S in 44" Cut that fits me, old and fat, and I like it except for the $4399.00 price.

But then I have not looked in many years to purchase a mower. Just sticker shock.

Mower King

Threads
Simoli, I also have been looking and found a Ferris 400S in 44" Cut that fits me, old and fat, and I like it except for the $4399.00 price.

But then I have not looked in many years to purchase a mower. Just sticker shock.

Yes, Ferris is the mower to buy....built well, ride great, will mow grass as fast as you can stay on the seat!
There are 2 old sayings that apply to these mowers...."you get what you pay for" and "buy the best and only cry once"