Hello Lawn mower forum.

tiny tinkerer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Lawn mower forum. I am Tiny Tinkerer :). I am from the generation of rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. I like to keep things going as long as possible. So, now I have a Sears Mastercraft electric lawn mower model # C935. It is almost as old as I am and replacement parts are not available. Luckily I don't think I need any parts, however, when I turned it on last time, it did start to smoke and it sounds like metal rubbing on metal (slightly). I opened it up and it appears that the wrong lubricant was used in the gear box but I am not sure what lubricant to use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
lawn mower model number.jpgLawn mower gear box.jpg

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum. That's a nice age for a mower!
You should find plenty of good advice around here.

peteco

Threads
The smoke in not from here, I think its coming from the electric parts, is the motor in good condition, clean and oiled??

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome Aboard !!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take the motor to an electrical motor shop. See if they can rewind the motor for you. They should at least check it out and tell you if the windings are shorting.

fredeharle48

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use a grease gun and a LocknLube coupler for $50. However, the LockNLube was worth it to me. Very simple to attach and remove and kept the grease on the zerks and off of everything else!