Heavy mower

Semtex

Threads
I upgraded to a new Honda commercial HRU196 Buffalo Bull Pro with the blade brake clutch system and the GXV160 engine.Moreover,I really wanted the Engine brake model due to the reduced weight and I didn’t see the need for a B.B.C but there was a 3 month wait for stock ,extended even further by the Corona virus.Consequently, I was offered the Blade Brake model with a decent reduction in price to good to refuse.Moreover,I broke In the engine last week then I mowed my lawns this weekend.The engine had adequate power and sounded extremely quiet but by the time I had finished the lawns,I found it very hard to manoeuvre into smaller places and very surprised by the weight when the catcher started to fill up compared to my older Honda with the GSV190 engine with the same sized plastic catcher. .And when the clutch lever pressed together wearing thick gloves are essential for comfort .The improvements were the much thicker pull cord that should of been fitted 30 years ago and the much larger surface area air cleaner and the protective plate covering the carburetor and the steel engine cover.I drained the engine oil with the engine hot but couldn’t see any metallic particles once the oil settled into a glass jar. After another 5 weeks I will use a100% PAO & Ester API 10W-30 Synthetic M/Cycle and car oil with full Zinc .In the end it will extend engine life and should run cooler,provides superior boundary lubrication,a stronger film strength and a no shear oil with extremely high viscosity Index number.Furthermore,I did the Maths and could add 4.26 Mls of Red Line Si1 fuel system cleaner with around 30-60% of Polyetheramines into my 5 litre fuel container to keep the entire fuel system including combustion chambers and valves like new with each top up or just add it before each of the 3 oil changes every year.Or use Flashlube valvesaver which does a similar job at 1ml per litre.I installed a BPR5EIX IRIDIUM spark plug but only the ones sold in the USA are gapped at 0.030”.The Australian equivalent can’t be fitted as plugs are gapped at 0.025”.It’s a shame mowers have moved toward these safety systems that have made them so bulky and heavy,making mowing a less pleasant experience.I wonder whether I should adjust the mixture screw on the carby once I’ve read the spark plug colour I gotta.But that may require another mixture screw.How many of you have found their mowers required an adjustment?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Steel housing & bigger fllters are what distinguished the domestic from the professional engines.
Blade brakes are forced on the factory due to idiots with very good lawyers, nothing to do with consumer demand .
You would not believe how many people ask me if I can remove them .
Commercial mowers are always a lot heavier than domestics as they are designed to be used a lot more hours in rougher conditions and bouncing around in trailers & trucks,
Funny enough the bulk of my commercial customers are now using domestic mowers because the commercial have now gotten too heavy .
AS for the catchers, they also fit 2 pr of high lift blades to pack more the grass into the catchers and that rips the rear wheels which tend to last a single season.

Semtex

Threads
Steel housing & bigger fllters are what distinguished the domestic from the professional engines.
Blade brakes are forced on the factory due to idiots with very good lawyers, nothing to do with consumer demand .
You would not believe how many people ask me if I can remove them .
Commercial mowers are always a lot heavier than domestics as they are designed to be used a lot more hours in rougher conditions and bouncing around in trailers & trucks,
Funny enough the bulk of my commercial customers are now using domestic mowers because the commercial have now gotten too heavy .
AS for the catchers, they also fit 2 pr of high lift blades to pack more the grass into the catchers and that rips the rear wheels which tend to last a single season.
The thing I dislike with the engine brake system is that the brake pad material may eventually score the away at the flywheel so the magnet assembly would require adjusting more often .And with the blade brake system there is all that extra weight of the clutch assembly spinning around under the mower ‘s Aluminum alloy deck placing extra stress on the crankshaft bearing and oil seal .And with the option of an additional snorkel would keep the filter up higher away dust but that would probably affect emissions .For myself,I have no need for safety features at home when my lawns are flat and well laid out.Anyway,the older mowers had pad material designed to stop the engine within a few seconds if people serviced their mower.The mowers made earlier were much lighter and easier to use.I hate it when Honda adds all this extra crap which must be a real pain in the butt for professional users.