Hart impact's

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
1584968278639.png

So I'm at walmart for my normal shop stuff, and see this for $69. Includes battery and charger. So I get it. First things first, it took a while to charge. I didn't care for that. Also the LED just above the battery, which casts a shadow on the top side of what your using it on. (Bolt, nut, screw etc etc)... I don't care for that, especially in low light area's. And the variable, I don't really care for. I like to adjust the torque before I squeeze the trigger. According to the paperwork, it's got about 1700 INCH lbs of torque which is about 170ft lbs. Too much for many applications.

But, with that said. It's not bad. The cons listed above, I can live with. It feels good in my hand. The trigger is about the right length from the back of the grip to the trigger. The light is plenty bright.
When you squeeze the trigger, the empty chuck rotates with no wobble. I put a deep well 9/16 in it and squeezed the trigger and got some wobble out of the socket and a little out of the attachment. But still very little out of the chuck.
Question is, how long it will last. From what I understand, this is brand that sold exclusively to Walmart. That makes me think it's done cheaply. But the "Hyper Tough" brand, which was about $50, I skipped over because of what I've already seen from that brand.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is a brand that is being promoted by the company that also owns the Homelite name. I have the paperwork to fill out in my email to become a service center along with the homelite paperwork. Just haven't done it yet. Am not sure I am that interested right now though.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is a brand that is being promoted by the company that also owns the Homelite name. I have the paperwork to fill out in my email to become a service center along with the homelite paperwork. Just haven't done it yet. Am not sure I am that interested right now though.

The company says there's a 3 year warranty on it. Which ain't bad. One thing I didn't like, was not being about to register it. The lady told me I'd have to have proof of purchase to get warrantied. Which means I gotta hold on to the receipt for up to 3 years.

Ha, like that's gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, I'll still have the receipt in 3 years. Probably 10 years. But the whereabouts of the receipt and the ink still be visible, is a different story.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You make a photocopy of it as those Walmart thermal receipts either fades out or blacken depending where you store the receipt. I prefer photocopied one as image is plastic fused to paper like laser printers; unless, it is the very old liquid base system. Inkjet copies due fade too just takes longer as long you don't them wet. If you get wet all bets are off it is even readable.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing about those impact drivers is that they really get beat around. Probably wouldn't last three years because of damage. Falling off a roof, dropping on concrete etc. Heck of a deal on the tool that includes batt. and charger.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
PTmowerTech. Registration doesn't really get you much for most manufacturers. It is used more for marketing than other purposed. Some will use it for recalls ETC, But most companies still require a receipt to be presented at the time of repair. I have several companies that I do warranty work for that require that I attach a copy of the receipt when I fill the electronic claim.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
PTmowerTech. Registration doesn't really get you much for most manufacturers. It is used more for marketing than other purposed. Some will use it for recalls ETC, But most companies still require a receipt to be presented at the time of repair. I have several companies that I do warranty work for that require that I attach a copy of the receipt when I fill the electronic claim.
When you do warranty work do you get paid a flat rate for a specific repair or a T&M rate. Do you make any money on warranty work? Got a place wants me to do warranty work on their cheap mowers but i don't want to get burned. Last time i was doing warranty work stuff sat for weeks getting approval from mfgr then waiting on parts. If it was denied i was the bad guy. Had to sign nondisclosure that i would not bad mouth their products

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you do warranty work do you get paid a flat rate for a specific repair or a T&M rate. Do you make any money on warranty work? Got a place wants me to do warranty work on their cheap mowers but i don't want to get burned. Last time i was doing warranty work stuff sat for weeks getting approval from mfgr then waiting on parts. If it was denied i was the bad guy. Had to sign nondisclosure that i would not bad mouth their products
Some pays better than others. I have been burned a few times on some small repairs, but you have to be cautious. Some pay a flat rate plus a slight markup on parts others pay full list. Others send parts at no charge and then pay labor, plus admin fees. Some pay very well. Others are cheapskates.

Tell all customers with possible carb issues that fuel related issues are not covered, Request a upfront deposit on all internal engine failures. with the understanding that the customer will be refunded if warranty approved by factory. Also know what the exclusions are under the warranty. I have one company that manufacturers trimmers that exclude bump head, bump knob, inner spool, outer spool, starter rope, starter handle, starter spring, air filter, fuel filter, spark plug after first scheduled service, which for some is very low usage.

Be very careful with generator warranty because that will bite you hard. Have seen several that have been overloaded and cooked the winding on the genset. Be very careful with pressure washers that customer claims is leaking and it is March-May because there is a good chance the pump is cracked from being frozen.And always make copies of receipts because companies will ask for them.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

I was hoping to send a pic of the receipt with registration. I suck at keeping receipts. lol