Harbor Freight Atlas 40/80V line ...

dougmacm

Threads
Accidentally stumbled upon this today, and it sounds pretty impressive.

Appears to be based on the Greenworks 40V G-MAX/Elite line battery style.

2 Batteries are available:
40V 2.5Ah for $60
and
Dual Voltage 40V 5.0Ah / 80V 2.5Ah for $110

All the 40V tools can run either battery and the 80V obviously needs to run the 80V version.

21" Steel Deck 80V Mower either as a pusher or self propelled is basically identical to my Greenworks 40V Push & SP twins but has 2 larger battery slots with auto switching. So the same basic performance as an 80V mower from Greenworks, Kobalt, or Masterforce with single battery slot running 5Ah.

The 40V 24" hedge trimmer looks just like my GW 40V Elite and the 80V 18" chainsaw looks very similar to the 80V Kobalt I just bought.

They sell everything separate and have a std. charger for $30 and a fast charger for $60.

There are currently (5) 80V tools and (5) 40V tools available.

They give you $30 off if you buy a tool, battery & charger and if you use a 20% off super coupon on a tool you can come out pretty good.

Already owning a bunch of 40V GW and 80V KB stuff I have no need for any of this product line for myself.

But being based on and made by the same company as the stuff I have, this is some good quality stuff you can buy at Harbor Freight.

I've bought various things from Harbor Freight over the years, but don't have one near me so it has never been a go-to place for me.

The dual voltage idea is what really impresses me about it all ... must incorporate different sets of terminals: 40V Parallel & 80V Series.

I'm sure this has been done before, but I think this is the first application of a dual voltage battery platform by Greenworks / SUN.

Doug

MowerMike

Threads
I think you are correct regarding dual voltage batteries, and I think this is the first case of 40/80 volt. Dewalt sells a dual voltage battery line, but it is 20/60 volt.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Hmmm....wonder if the 'pack' out of one of those HB 40v batteries could be pulled out and dropped into a greenworks case?

dougmacm

Threads
Hmmm....wonder if the 'pack' out of one of those HB 40v batteries could be pulled out and dropped into a greenworks case?
Maybe the straight 40V one provided the terminals are in the same place. It is only 2.5Ah ... but at $60.00, I guess it is cheaper than a GW 2.5Ah 2901319 which sells for $99.00 on Amazon.

The Atlas 5Ah dual voltage case looks bigger than the large Greenworks 40V (4.0Ah~6.0Ah) batteries, so that swap appears less do-able.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
My wife likes the 2.5 as it makes 'her' twinforce mower and 'her' blower lighter/easier to use.

Electrohacker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased the Self Propelled Mower, on 80V battery and the fast charger. Seem fairly nice.