Harbor Freight 6.5 HP. one engine 3 years old, failed to start, complete carb area disassemble and clean, NO help. NEW carb, NO help, will not start.

Joed756

Threads
  • / Harbor Freight 6.5 HP. one engine 3 years old, failed to start, complete carb area disassemble and clean, NO help. NEW carb, NO help, will not start.
What does this mean?
"it left the piston 18" out of the cylinder"

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Harbor Freight 6.5 HP. one engine 3 years old, failed to start, complete carb area disassemble and clean, NO help. NEW carb, NO help, will not start.

russbow98

Forum Newbie
Threads
Simplicity at the extreme. When you LOOK in the gas tank you can see gas, so ok, keep looking. After covering all I could think of , and what has been suggested, with the carb bowl OFF I pressed my face to the gas tank opening and blew. AIR and a bit of gas came from the inlet to the bowl. A flashlight and look inside the tank showed gas BUT NOT UP TO THE FILTERED FIXTURE that under the tank, goes to the carb. THE DARN THING WAS JUST OUT OF GAS. There is a horizontal very fine filter on that fitting to filter the gas. So you could SEE gas, but not enough to cover the intake. WHAT A LESSON. This was on the NEW motor, I have not had a chance to see if its what was wrong with the 3 year old motor.