Had it w this Lawnboy !

jehantqs

Forum Newbie
Threads
21" deck self propelled 6.5 torque 149 cc kohler with Smart Choke MODEL # 10732 WHAT A POS!! Does not have 25 hours on it . First thing that broke was Smart Choke, got that fixed, now if you pull the choke spring a tiny bit before starting it will start good. Anyway, belt for self propelled is not broke but found after taking a million parts off that is slipping big time , needs to be replaced. Is there any way on God's green earth to get this belt replaced without taking the tires off, and a million other parts to find that there is a final screw holding the belt on that you cannot reach with anything ? I cannot believe changing a drive belt can be this difficult ? Thank you

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
These are the steps I use. 1. Loosen the drive cable on the handle and then unhook the drive cable from the traction bail. 2. Tip the mower on its side, carb up. 3. Remove the blade. 4. Remove the blade adapter, which will now allow the belt to be free. 5. You should now be able to tip the transmission forward to allow access to the three screws holding the belt guard to the transmission. Remove and install new belt and reassemble in reverse order. I can normally do this job in less than 30 minutes, not that difficult.

jehantqs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry you cannot even get to these stupid 3 screws . You need a flashlight and a very crooked screwdriver I guess. Anyway , no problem set it out side of the road with a FREE SIGN.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry you cannot even get to these stupid 3 screws . You need a flashlight and a very crooked screwdriver I guess. Anyway , no problem set it out side of the road with a FREE SIGN.
These new mowers "ain't" what they used to be. Get an older Snapper or Lawn Boy if you like those.

slomo

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wish I lived close by to pick it up at that price.