Had Enought of looking at Gas,,gonna go for electric

jben04

Forum Newbie
Threads
Exactly what the title says,,my gas mower i just found out that it will need the piston rings replaced...so im gonna go buy a electric mower..

Any recommendations ? corded or cordless im not too worried.. we only have 1/4 acre of grass to cut..
Been coming back to the Greenworks 25213 from lowes Shop Greenworks 13-Amp 21-in Corded Electric Push Lawn Mower at Lowes.com

Just wondering if there are any better options out there.

Threads
Exactly what the title says,,my gas mower i just found out that it will need the piston rings replaced...so im gonna go buy a electric mower..

Any recommendations ? corded or cordless im not too worried.. we only have 1/4 acre of grass to cut..
Been coming back to the Greenworks 25213 from lowes Shop Greenworks 13-Amp 21-in Corded Electric Push Lawn Mower at Lowes.com

Just wondering if there are any better options out there.

My neighbor had a corded mower, and got rid of it because he said was a pita.

MowerMike

Threads
My neighbor had a corded mower, and got rid of it because he said was a pita.

Agreed. Corded mowers are good only for really tiny lawns and 1/4 acre is way too much to cut. Depending on the layout and availability of outdoor outlets, you might not even be able to reach all parts of it with a 100 foot cord, which is the longest length available and you will need at least 14 gage with that mower, which has a 13A motor. I have a corded blower and edger, and using them is indeed a pita, so I've since gone to battery powered units. As to a cordless mower for a 1/4 acre lawn, I'd recommend the model 25302 20" twin blade model with lithium-ion batteries that is also sold at Lowe's.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I have successfully used corded electrics in the past. They are fine for smallish lawns with no obstacles. My favorite 'style' corded was the kind with the swing-over handle in the center. Start near the outlet, go back and forth leaving the cord on the new-mown area.

But, I think the advent of lithium batteries has pushed the corded out.

so far, the GW 20" Twin Force mower has been an adequate replacement for my 21" Bolens gasser. It's different, but OK overall.

I hope it is reliable and durable over time.

Jonesfj2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cordless trimmers are also electric haedge trimmers, but they don't require an electrical cord. Instead, they use a rechargeable battery to provide energy needed to run the machine. When compared to regular electric trimmers, they are not quite as powerful. But because the area you want to trim only 1/4 acre, so choose battery-powered products to meet your needs. Greenworks 22132A 24-volt 2 AMP, Black & Decker LHT2436 36-volt, Worx WQ800-1, those are great choices!