GW 40V Elite batt has bluetooth???

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
what's up with that?

bought a coupla used batts from ebay and one is Elite.

MowerMike

Threads
what's up with that?

bought a coupla used batts from ebay and one is Elite.
Supposedly, you can scan the code on the battery to download an App that will let you communicate with the battery to see its status or even disable/lock it so that if someone steals your battery they won't be able to use it. Seems like a lot of useless mumbo jumbo to me, and I've never tried to use it on mine. What is useful is that it also works as a USB charging port.

Last edited:

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I...I never even noticed a port! That actually would be convenient, thanx!

dougmacm

Threads
I've got 3 of these elite batteries (2-6Ah & 1-3Ah) ... I knew about the USB port but have never used; but did not know (or remember) the bluetooth feature.

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
seller had masking tape with item number on bottom of batt. Window for USB was under it. Didn't interfere with use, I probably would never have removed it if not for this thread!

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
...aaaaaannndddd the port doesn't seem to work.

I have these 2 Eufy security cameras. Few months old and the one at the front door needed recharging. Tried to use the long cable I bought and this used elite battery. Wouldn't charge. Got my 60v battery and the inverter I bought for it and charged fine with that. Saved me from dismounting it and haveinf to futz around with adjusting the aim again.

MowerMike

Threads
...aaaaaannndddd the port doesn't seem to work.

I have these 2 Eufy security cameras. Few months old and the one at the front door needed recharging. Tried to use the long cable I bought and this used elite battery. Wouldn't charge. Got my 60v battery and the inverter I bought for it and charged fine with that. Saved me from dismounting it and haveinf to futz around with adjusting the aim again.
You have to press the green test button to activate the USB charging and Bluetooth functions.