GT235 Hood

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Customer wants me to check on getting him a new hood. This is apparently a two piece hood. I've found what I think to be a top to this. My question is, since I'm not exactly sure how it attaches, is there enough left of the bottom to attach the top to? Or will I need to look up both top and bottom?
Here's what I've got.
20200307_172645.jpg 20200307_172701.jpg20200307_172654.jpg 20200307_172708.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The way the JD plastic detriorates I would replace both plus the headlight parts. BTW they just screw together if remember correctly.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The way the JD plastic detriorates I would replace both plus the headlight parts. BTW they just screw together if remember correctly.

If they screw together, then I'm guessing that every place where they're supposed to screw together is broken off. So, that answers the question. Both top and bottom are needed.
That's what I was thinking. But didn't wanna jump the gun about something I didn't know.

As bad as this tractor looks, it's gonna look awkward with a new hood. LOL

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
File back the tabs that hold it down.
The plastic shrinks with UV exposure and the clips hold the bonnet too tight so it breaks rather than opening.
And while I am here it is worthwhile giving you a little warning .
Never ever use the hand hold in the middle to open a JD hood .
put your hands either side and lift up while pulling out.
Having to replace one that you broke out of your own pocket will make a big hole in that months profits .
The JD are the worse because of the way the clips hold in closed.
You will find the plastic yard - man side covers just as bad.
Never found one with both the front mounts in tact and you have to remove it to service the engine .