GT225 w/ Kohler CV15S engine - starts ok; runs & mows great, doesn't sputter or die; but once turned off...won't restart. FIXED !=))

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / GT225 w/ Kohler CV15S engine - starts ok; runs & mows great, doesn't sputter or die; but once turned off...won't restart. FIXED !=))
Crock pot method is just as hit and miss as using an ultrasound unit, so don’t be placing any bets on it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / GT225 w/ Kohler CV15S engine - starts ok; runs & mows great, doesn't sputter or die; but once turned off...won't restart. FIXED !=))
Cleaning with ultrasonics works fine but the time required varies as does with any cleaning method. It is not a one time quickie for all carburetors. In my current unit which has four transducers (160W cleaning power some take a 30 minute cycles and others may take up to four cycles. Still a lot faster than doing a chemical dip overnight.

Even then there will be some carburetor problems that just can't be cleaned away such as a grain of sand or plastic stuck in one of the jets. By far it is still faster and safer than the old chemical dips.

I start with a 1.5L unit but quickly outgrew it so I stepped up the 6L size and sold the old unit. A year later I outgrew the 6L unit and now have 2 10L units. I found out that I needed a backup as one 10L failed under warranty and it took a few weeks to get it replaced which back me up for some time as it during the busy season.

winmod21

Threads
For carb cleaning, the crockpot should be better. Those cheap ultras are hit and miss. Have to put it back in for 1-4 more cleanings. Doesn't seem like they really work. ??? Yup rarely use an ultra wonder cleaner. Also a yard sale crock would be waaaaay cheaper.
My much better half says she has FIVE old ones that she's been meaning to sell in garages sales! 🤪 I think a few are from her mother & aunt.
I'll have to commandeer one !;-)

winmod21

Threads
Cleaning with ultrasonics works fine but the time required varies as does with any cleaning method. It is not a one time quickie for all carburetors. In my current unit which has four transducers (160W cleaning power some take a 30 minute cycles and others may take up to four cycles. Still a lot faster than doing a chemical dip overnight.

Even then there will be some carburetor problems that just can't be cleaned away such as a grain of sand or plastic stuck in one of the jets. By far it is still faster and safer than the old chemical dips.

I start with a 1.5L unit but quickly outgrew it so I stepped up the 6L size and sold the old unit. A year later I outgrew the 6L unit and now have 2 10L units. I found out that I needed a backup as one 10L failed under warranty and it took a few weeks to get it replaced which back me up for some time as it during the busy season.
Thanks for that info ;-) I've been considering returning our 3.2L for a 6L that's selling for only $21 more.
Or, as mentioned abv, returning for refund since we'd probably rarely use it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Been using a 2L unit for the last 15 years. On the third one, but it is used just About every day. We’ve tried many cleaning agents, but have settled on Simple Green, mixed about 12/1. Solution gets changed about every three days. Most cleaning times are about 8 minutes, at 175 degrees. I know this seems short for most of you, buts 90% of the time we only need one cleaning. If the carb cannot be cleaned after two trit’s we replace the carb.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Been using a 2L unit for the last 15 years. On the third one, but it is used just About every day. We’ve tried many cleaning agents, but have settled on Simple Green, mixed about 12/1. Solution gets changed about every three days. Most cleaning times are about 8 minutes, at 175 degrees. I know this seems short for most of you, buts 90% of the time we only need one cleaning. If the carb cannot be cleaned after two trit’s we replace the carb.
I will try for longer than that as it is only a matter of turning it on & setting the timer on my phone so I can pull it out before the ultrasound stops
Some carbs have takes better than 4 hours in total
Got 2 , worn out the original and have a transponder kit to stick onto a plastic sink so I will have a 25 litre unit with a drain

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Crock pot method is just as hit and miss as using an ultrasound unit, so don’t be placing any bets on it.
I don't know. My crock pot works pretty good. Just did a caked on oily mess of a carb. Came out with only minor tooth brush scrubbing. She was a surger before. Now she purrs like a kitty. To each his own I guess.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Reported multiple posts.

winmod21

Threads
Reported multiple posts.
. . of the spam poster at #38 ?
How do those pestilent robot-spams typically land willy-nilly throughout the www of forums &c?

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
. . of the spam poster at #38 ?
How do those pestilent robot-spams typically land willy-nilly throughout the www of forums &c?
most of them are real people in third world countries who are paid next to nothing for every successful penetration of a forum .
The blinding poverty of third world countries that support out extravient life styles means that people are forced to do these sorts of jobs