GT18 / 931029 60" deck attach procedure

apg1979

Threads
Hello,

I'm new here and recently acquired and older GT18 and a 60" deck in great shape. We've taken the deck off a couple of times to clean everything up , sharpen the blades, etc. and while taking the deck off is pretty easy (especially w/ the ramps), reattaching has proved to be really difficult and was curious if anyone has any tips to the order, procedure, etc for this. I know i'm not using the proper terms (i have photos if it helps) but attaching the deck to the front of the mower and the drive shaft are pretty simple but its the part where you have to connect the spring loaded brackets to the middle lift bars (hydraulic) that are pretty difficult.

The issue we've found is those middle bars we ended up having to have one person use a crowbar to pry them down far enough and another person pop the pins in when it hits the right spot. wondering if anyone has any tips to make this less of a headache? Given how easy it is to use the ramps i was hoping it would be something I could handle myself but maybe wishful thinking

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 9.27.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 9.27.46 PM.png
    418 KB · Views: 4