greetings

jimbo-jamby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hio all - just joined this forum. Hoping to connect, particularly, with anyone with knowledge of Rover Ranchers . . .
Thanks to the administrator for keeping such a site up . .
cheers,
j-j

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the site , I'm sure you'll enjoy your visits . There are a few of your mates from down under on this site ..... might want to follow ( bertsmobile1 ) a very knowledgeble fellow that is usually on the site most every day , however if you seek his advice be sure you disclose as much information about your machine /issue as possible ... make, model, type, size deck, year of mfg. ...etc. as with any other member that offers you assistance . Again welcome.... have a GREAT day and enjoy the site ... Boobala :thumbsup: :welcome:

jimbo-jamby

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks, mate! . .. ooops! Ifergitted: a 'mate' in U.S. is a bit different than here in Aus.!!!
Anyway, your friendly werdz are appreciated:cool2:
j.

DaveTN

Threads
Greetings and Welcome to the LMF! Never know what
you'll learn on this site. I had a few Limey Mates when
I lived out in Los Angeles. Currently in East Tennessee
mid South (USA) as they call it now days. :thumbsup:

jimbo-jamby

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the greeting, DaveTN!
um, . . so does that mean that australians are considered to be 'Limey'??
Had thought that terminology applied to British persons . . . must be behind the times . .

cheers,
j-j

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hio all - just joined this forum. Hoping to connect, particularly, with anyone with knowledge of Rover Ranchers . . .
Thanks to the administrator for keeping such a site up . .
cheers,
j-j

Which Rovers ?
The blue ones Rancher 1 & 2 were totally local except the engine & Peerless boxes
Then the Red ones came out.
If you have the Varidrive ( two pulleys with the sliding plate between ) then it was an Aust Rancher.
If you have a hydro then it was a rebadged Norma

Green ones also rebadged Normas
Back to red again and they were rebadged MTD's who finally bought Rover in 1999 ( I think )
From then on all are either MTD's or Chineese.

Rancher 1 & 2 are whitwort fasteners on chassis and Unified for the engine & box
Rancher 3's local are metric for chassi & unified for the engine & tranny.

What do you need to know ?

There is no online info from the Rover web site ( on par with 99% of local web pages ) which are purely PR & Bull.
Outdoor Equipment have a few parts books on their forum and Bruce is very helpful but you will have to join the forum & pay the $5 to access them
There is limited support from Vintage Mowers Forum but almost no technical info in their archive as they are mostly restorers who spend most of the time congratulating each other, some what similar to Mylawnmower forum but to a lesser degree.
Lots of very cluely bods but you will have to ask for any thing you need to know ( don't be shy )

DaveTN

Threads
thanks for the greeting, DaveTN!
um, . . so does that mean that australians are considered to be 'Limey'??
Had thought that terminology applied to British persons . . . must be behind the times . .

cheers,
j-j

Should have been a bit more clear as I meant I had two English friends who lived
in Los Angeles, but never called them Limeys, but they called me 'mate'. I just
called them by their first names. We did have a drinking contest one night at an
English pub, which they lost btw! :laughing: I've had several generations of
drinkers on both sides of my family, plus I'm an English, German, Irish mix. :confused2: