GreenWorks Opinions

OutdoorGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have been thinking about buying a GreenWorks mower, but I am a little uneasy about using a battery-powered mower. I am worried that the mower will not have enough power and will not perform as well as a gas mower would. I see there is a lot of GreenWorks talk on here, so I figure you all might have some experience working with these and can offer me some feedback.

MowerMike

Threads
I think your questions are mostly answered in this thread:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/elect...-blade-li-ion-battery-powered-lawn-mower.html

Anyway, I have the 20" twin blade model Greenworks mower, and it can easily handle anything that my gas push mower can. The issue is that it is somewhat cheap and flimsy, and there have been quality problems with these mowers. They are sold mostly online, parts like replacement blades can be hard to find, and dealing with Greenworks customer service directly can be a nightmare. So, if I were to buy one today, I would get it at Lowe's under the Kobalt house brand name instead.

OutdoorGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the response. I have been looking around online and found some reviews here: GreenWorks @ Mowers Direct.

Most of the reviews for the mowers were 4 or 5 stars, so it sounds like they are pretty good. From the pictures I can see what you are saying about with the quality issues. Looks kind of like they are made of cheap plastic and may not be the most sturdy. I'll do some more research before the season starts, but these don't seem like a bad option, especially for a small yard.

Jonesfj2

Forum Newbie
Threads
cordless trimmers are very convenient and don't make much noise, they also don't last long on a single charge. Furthermore, if you need not to cut large stems and branches on your bushes or hedges, a cordless trimmer is the best option. I recommend a review about Greenworks battery operated hedge trimmers. Why Use GreenWorks 22132A to Keep Your Yard

dontedw6

Forum Newbie
Threads
GreenWorks 25272 mower, 36V Lead Acid battery and self-propelled motor offers an easy electric start eliminating the need for mixing gas and oil.

Thomjs1970

Forum Newbie
Threads
greenWorks battery powered lawn mower is a great product.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
like many items from made in China, it seems when the quality control is working well, the items are designed and function adequately. You just need to be prepared to return anything that fails early.

my GW twin-force mower was an adequate replacement for my gas mower. Different, better in some ways, worse in others - overall, I like my purchase. i may feel differently after a few more seasons, but i must say, being able to start witha button push, maneuver easily, greatly reduced noise, less smell/hassle with gas/oil, etc. makes lawn mowing a less bothersome chore. I do have a few more 'stragglers' (uncut grass blades) and had to slightly increase weed trimming. And there's a little more walking due to the narrower cutting path.