Grease points

Zpapa2309

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I just got a cub cadet ultima zt1 54in mower. I am at the point where I need to do my first scheduled maintenance. The manual says to grease all lubrication points but I’m not sure I can find any grease fittings. Can someone please tell me where to grease everything?

jearlc

Threads
Hello, Im having the same problem with my ZT146 and my ZT260. The dealer said they didn't have any but I have found two on the front spindles . Havent found any more but want to make sure there aren't any more.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get your machine details off the ID tags.
Go to the Cub cadet web page and from the support section download the parts book,
Scan down the descriptions for grease fittings.
As for the rest of the mower.
After blowing them clean liberally spray every place where two or more parts move against each other with dry lithium grease.
Leave the mower at least 15 minutes before you mow with it so the solvent can flash off.
If you bought them from a dealer ask the dealer.

It is a very long shot to hope there is some one oon any forum that has the exact same mower as yours , knows what you want to know and is on line.
People tend to come here when they have a problem then leave once it is fixed.
I suppose you have searched the forum using your model number and "grease",
This will pull up previous threads from people who could not find then, were told where they were then never came back.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
There aren't many grease zerks on zero turns.

Mine (Husky MZ52) only has eight: each front wheel and spindle; each mower blade spindle and the deck idler arm bracket.

If yours has suspension, there will probably be grease zerks there, too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There aren't many grease zerks on zero turns.

Mine (Husky MZ52) only has eight: each front wheel and spindle; each mower blade spindle and the deck idler arm bracket.

If yours has suspension, there will probably be grease zerks there, too.

How about the tension arm on the drive belt ?

jearlc

Threads
Go to the Cub cadet web page and from the support section download the parts book,
After blowing them clean liberally spray every place where two or more parts move against each other with dry lithium grease.
Leave the mower at least 15 minutes before you mow with it so the solvent can flash off.

It is a very long shot to hope there is some one oon any forum that has the exact same mower as yours , knows what you want to know and is on line.
This will pull up previous threads from people who could not find then, were told where they were then never came back.

Looked, Looked and Looked . Cant find a support section .

jearlc

Threads

I couldn't find a support section on Cub Cadet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Support = service & parts
You just got a link directly to the page.
Drop your numbers in and a new page with what uus available will pop up.
Should have the owners, IPL & service manuals for you machine on it, usually is a dozen different languages.