Grease Fittings

skipper124

Threads
Can someone tell me if this mower has grease fittings anywhere? I can't find them on the deck or wheels. Murray Model 13BC77LF058.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
None on this 38 MTD 600 series mower other than the front two wheels. These are usually clogged so they need cleaning out before trying to grease them.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Or have the grease fitting on the inside wheel bushing which are absolutely useless for lubing the front wheel.

And to the OP I always love seeing a Murray with a MTD model number. thank you Briggs.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Or have the grease fitting on the inside wheel bushing which are absolutely useless for lubing the front wheel.

And to the OP I always love seeing a Murray with a MTD model number. thank you Briggs.
Unless they are modified and even then they are nearly useless.

Don't forget the walk behinds that can be either Husqvarna or MTD.

I currently repairing a Snapper rider which is a Husqvarna in a red dress. Briggs are a very proud of the parts for the Snapper but I able to figure which Craftsman model it is most likely it is. And all deck are the same so I don't need to pay double the price for the parts. Briggs did try very hard to hide the cross reference of the parts.

It takes someone that works on multiple OEM models to figure who is who.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@StarTech And don't forget the new Murray mowers manufactured by a Chinese company with no website, no dealer service, and all parts are through a 800 number or info@chinesecompany

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I love the POS plastic fittings on some of the MTD and AYP mowers front wheels that don't work with some grease gun couplers and either break off or just fall out. Brilliant design.