Gravely zt hd 52 deck belt

Yard Troll

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fourth time using the 2021 model and the drive belt was severed. Replaced the belt but now the deck belt vibrates against hydro gear housing. Tension springs were put back on the way they came off. Does the tension need to be adjusted on the deck spring even though nothing was replaced on the deck?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Under warranty, don't mess with it, let Dealer reimburse you & send technician out to make repair. Read your Operators Manual thoroughly as well as warranty. Spending that much money on a high quality mower deserves first class service

Last edited:

Yard Troll

Forum Newbie
Threads
Under warranty, don't mess with it, let Dealer reimburse you & send technician out to make repair. Read your Operators Manual thoroughly as well as warranty. Spending that much money on a high quality mower deserves first class service
I failed to include in the initial post that the deck was not engaged when I noticed the deck belt vibrating so much. After more investigation and doing just what I did when I noticed it, it seems to happen when the throttle is roughly 1/4 full. I was backing it out of the garage just after replacing the drive belt and only advanced the throttle about 1/4 to test my drive belt replacement. Any other throttle setting and the deck belt settles down. Neighbor has the same mower except 5 yrs older. Going to see if his does the same thing.

bullet bob

Threads
I would be more concerned about why you severed a drive belt. Any idea how/why that happened?

Yard Troll

Forum Newbie
Threads
As much as I try to keep an eye on the debris, I think a branch got up in there. I've been slowly trying to reclaim some of the yard my father-in-law let go over the years.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use a Lowes 5 gallon bucket & a pickup tool made by Unger 36" long to pick up pine cones, twigs & sticks, etc. before mowing. saves on blades, belts, pulleys,etc.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of cheap yard rakes available from farm supply shops that fit the back of quads & mowers .