Gravely/Ariens which one .9 acres

lilguy

Threads
I have .9 acres with home, so grass about 2/3 acres +-. Found a Ariens Apex 52 in cut (5000.00) and a Gravely Pro-Turn ZX 48 in cut 6000.00. Lots of trees and islands on lot.
Same company, both will work. Paying landscaper to mow and trim $80 a week with 60 inch Bob cat. What would any suggest? Thanks

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Either one.
The Ariens Apex is an upper end residential mower. They come with residential grade engines. They have the Hydro-Gear ZT3100 hydros. It’s a good mower. Consider the mower width. The 52” deck is actually 53” wide.
The Gravely Pro Turn ZX is a step up. This mower is Gravely’s entry level commercial mower. It comes with a commercial grade engine. The hydros are Hydro-Gear ZT 3200s. The 48” deck is actually 49” wide.
You will better maneuverability with the 48” deck.
FYI: Stay away from the fuel injected engines.

lilguy

Threads
They are both carbed. Wondering about the vibration complaint referenced in another post. This will be my first Zero turn, had Kubota Diesels, at previous home, to mow six acres for 40 years.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
They are both carbed. Wondering about the vibration complaint referenced in another post. This will be my first Zero turn, had Kubota Diesels, at previous home, to mow six acres for 40 years.
I’ve seen the vibration complaints on the 52” deck units. That may be subjective. Sit on it and try it out before you buy it. I have. 2021 Pro Turn 160 and have NO vibration. There is a little belt slap when I first engage the PTO. That goes away quickly.