Grasshopper 227v with Kohler EFI 747 motor

Turbo Dragon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I really need some help. I just cut grass last weekend at one of my properties, mower ran great. I tried to use it again this weekend, now it will spin over, but won't start. It started spitting gas out of the exhaust, so I pulled the plugs, one plug looked burnt, i went ahead and replaced both plugs, same thing, I put at spark tester on the coil packs, both coil packs are working fine. I pulled to fuel injectors out, spone the motor, both injectors shot fuel. Has plenty of gas and oil, and air filter is still almost like new. Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue? Only other things i could think of, are O2 sensor or MAP sensor.

Thanks in advance

geelee

Threads
if gas is coming out of exhaust the electric fuel pump float is stuck, to check remove the small black vent hose and see if fuel come out while cranking. new fuel pump is needed, not cheap. the pump can be disassembled and cleaned. no parts are available being a so called sealed unit.

Turbo Dragon

Forum Newbie
Threads
if gas is coming out of exhaust the electric fuel pump float is stuck, to check remove the small black vent hose and see if fuel come out while cranking. new fuel pump is needed, not cheap. the pump can be disassembled and cleaned. no parts are available being a so called sealed unit.
Thanks I'll try that. I just had a new internal fuel pump and the small round one, on the side of the motor, replaced last year. If it is the pump, I'm just going to have to buy a new mower, one without a Kohler motor. Mower is only six years old with maybe 200 hours and I've had to put it in the shop at least two times every season.