Good afternoon people. Thanks for adding me to this fourm. I have a craftsman LT2000

Spikey

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Good afternoon people. Thanks for adding me to this fourm. I have a craftsman LT2000
I am working on my mothers craftsman LT2000 that I am trying to fix for my mother.
When she presses the drive foot pedal the mower works fine when releasing the pedal the mower just slows down. I looked under there and too much going on. Any help would be great.

Thank to all,
mike

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Good afternoon people. Thanks for adding me to this fourm. I have a craftsman LT2000
Welcome Aboard Mike..

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
With no more information than you gave looks like the mower is a hydro drive it is suppose to work that way.

Spikey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome Aboard Mike..
Thank You Sir
With no more information than you gave looks like the mower is a hydro drive it is suppose to work that way.
Yes,It is a hydro drive, take way to long to stop,It is dangerous. When You release the pedal,should stop right away. Thank You for the reply

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a brake on the side of the gearbox
Note it is not on the wheels it is on the gearbox layshaft
It locks the diff same as the P position on an auto box so the wheels can only turn in opposite directions
The brake is on the clutch pedal and works when it is fully depressed

When you take your foot off the pedal the lever should return to the neutral position
There is a spring that does that
If the pedal returns as it should then the transmission is on the way out
Quick & nasty test is to try & push the mower , engine off & brake off
The wheels should lock up when you try to push it
If not then the tranny is getting very worn

Spikey

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a brake on the side of the gearbox
Note it is not on the wheels it is on the gearbox layshaft
It locks the diff same as the P position on an auto box so the wheels can only turn in opposite directions
The brake is on the clutch pedal and works when it is fully depressed

When you take your foot off the pedal the lever should return to the neutral position
There is a spring that does that
If the pedal returns as it should then the transmission is on the way out
Quick & nasty test is to try & push the mower , engine off & brake off
The wheels should lock up when you try to push it
If not then the tranny is getting very worn

Spikey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will give that a try,Thanks for responding