Going crazy troubleshooting Hustler Z won't stay running

ender85

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Going crazy troubleshooting Hustler Z won't stay running
I have a Hustler Z from 2007, 23 HP Kawasaki, FH680V. w/60 Inch XR7deck.

Mower has 2200 hours.

This season Top and bottom shaft seal started leaking, but I keep oil full.

So a month ago, the blades stopped while cutting. I thought it might have to do with the PTO getting soaked in Oil.

Took PTO apart, cleaned well it worked again.

2 Weeks ago, my wife was cutting. Blades stopped again. She headed back to the barn with the tractor and it cut out and would not start.

Replaced plugs, checked fuel, fuel filter etc.. it ran off and on, but if you tried to move the tractor it would cut out and have trouble starting.

Replaced all fuel lines and fuel pump. Cleaned the carburetor. Ran fine. Was able to run it around a bit, but blades would not engage again.

Replaced PTO clutch. Started mower fine. Ran it to middle of grass, blades started fine, went to start mowing and it cut off. Returned arms to neutral and i started...then same thing blades OK alone, as soon as you went to move it cut out. So got it started and went to move it, it kept cutting out. Now it won't start, it turns over but nothing.

So back to the same sort of issue when it died on her and would not start. So is there a short some place? What are my next steps? All safety switches seem to be doing what they should. All keep it from turning over.

Any ideas?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the seat switch or seat switch relay is playing up

Mr. Mower

Threads
Sub'd